In accordance with Third Health Programme (2014-2020) and Estrategia Española de Ciencia y Tecnología de la Innovación 2013-2020 CINBIO, as Centro Singular de Investigación de Galicia 2016-2019 has the following strategic objectives:
- Development of high-impact interdisciplinary research with the purpouse of obtaining distinctions such as Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoaor Unidade de Excelencia María de Maeztu.
- Increasing the production of scientific articles, an increase in the number of articles and the impact of magazines.
- Increasing the critical mass with the stabilization of groups, promoting and increasing the skills of researchers and technicians.
- Increasing the number of international patents licenses and the contracts revenues with companies.
- Improving our international presence, increasing collaborations and the strategic position in decision-making roles.
- Increasing funds with international, national and collaborations including private sector.
- Nominate a larger number of women to decision-making positions in commissions.
- Increasing the number of groups that are considered “Grupo de Investigación de Referencia Competitiva” by Xunta de Galicia.