The Biomedical Research Centre (CINBIO) aims to become a key international contributor to the biomedical research.
It is scientific objective is to generate a common structure, allowing a more efficient, coordinated and joint research within the biomedical field all, in its prevention, diagnosis and therapy scopes. To cover this broad objective, scientists are grouped into thematic units, and they can also have access to the support services offered by the University of Vigo (CACTI and the Bioexperimentation Service).
In line with the European Strategy for Health and National Science and Technology, CINBIO has the following general objectives:
- Contributing to a better understanding of pathologies from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Conducting high quality research, both basic and applied, in biomedicine.
- Conducting national and international collaborations.
- Developing infrastructure and joint research programmes with other universities, hospitals and the biomedical and biotechnology industries to create an environment of excellence in science and technology with international recognition.
- Promoting the training of researchers and leading training programmes.
- Promoting the exploitation of research results.
- Positioning and establishment of the CINBIO as a centre of excellence in biomedical research.
- Increasing the critical mass and skills of the researchers and technicians within the field of biomedicine.