- Bioexperimentation Service price list 2018
- General Form, for services: doc – pdf
- Especific Form, for Bioexperimentation: doc – pdf
- Operational standards (Spanish): pdf
Contact: +34 986 818 678
Marina Peña Penabad, veterinary. email@example.com
Vanesa Dominguez Lorenzo, technician. firstname.lastname@example.org
Marisol Rodríguez Feijoo, technician. email@example.com
The Bioexperimentation Service of the University of Vigo (Sbio) was created to fulfill the needs of researchers working with animal models.
- The facilities are within Cinbio, and has seven housing rooms in the clean area; three of them with specific pathogen-free (SPF) The housing area, is specially designed to accommodate rats and mice; with materials and equipment that fit all the requirements established by the legislation regarding housing conditions of laboratory animals (RD 53/2013).
- The facility also has an operating room for conducting experimental procedures, an area for metabolism studies and areas for pre-anesthesia and animal recovery after operations.
- The cleaning area equipment maintains the barrier between clean and dirty spaces, in order to keep controlled the microbiological status of the enclosed animals.
- This Service offers from just animal housing to the whole range of experimental procedures, under strict controlled conditions, following the Three Rs guiding principles for more ethical use of animals in research experiments.
Animal experimentation plays a fundamental role in the discovery of the underlying biological mechanisms in the disease and in the development of medical treatments. Without animal research, we would not have most of the medications, antibiotics, vaccines and surgical techniques that are currently in use, concerning human and veterinary medicine.
Links to documents of interest:
- Project authorization – Ethics Committee Docs – Transparency Agreement and ARRIVE guidelines on in vivo experiments.