The Biomedical Research Institute of Vigo (IBIV), within the framework of the European project BIOCAPS (Capacities Biomedical Support Programme), organize their 4th Scientific Seminar on the subject of chemistry and cancer. It will be held at the “Experimental Science building” of the University of Vigo, December 20th, from 8:30 h.
The Institute of Biomedical Research of Vigo (IBIV), within BIOCAPS´ Project Framework, will celebrate the “1st International Congress on Biomedical Research & Innovation” on the 21st and 22nd of November 2013 in Vigo, Spain.
The event will highlight the most important R&D aspects related to the Biomedical Research and Innovation in the following fields:
- Neurological sciences and rare diseases
- Infectious diseases, Inflammation and Immunity
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition
- Biomaterials, Tissue engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- New tools in diagnosis and therapy
- Ageing and cardiovascular diseases
- Biomedical Innovation
In each field, renowned researchers will expose their studies. Also, abstracts for poster presentations are welcome and must be submitted via the congress web, www.ibiv-biocaps-congress.es, where additional information about congress and inscription can be found.
The congress is expected to become a point of reference for Biomedical Research and Innovation, transmitting scientific perspective and awareness among scientists, public bodies, enterprises and the society.
The National Center of Biotechnology of CSIC celebrates in December 19 in Madrid the 21st edition of its traditional day “Advances in molecular biology by young researchers abroad”. This invitation goes to all Spanish postdoctoral scientists working abroad and coming home for Christmas.
The conference will end with a round table which will discuss the various funding possibilities within the Spanish scientific system .
Attendance is free for everybody. Everyone is invited, this includes: researchers from the universities, other centers of CSIC, as CNIO centers, CNIC, CIEMAT, ISCIII, INIA, hospitals and biotechnology companies.
How to participate as a speaker? (as listeners, we are all invited)
1. – You must meet the basic requirement of being postdoctoral and work outside Spain .
2 . – Prepare the following information:
- title (short, very short!) of your communication
- e- mail (to be included in the program)
- name of the main researcher
- if you think your work is important enough to be presented at the joint session, indicate so specifically and briefly explains why, including, where appropriate, a reference to a work published or in press.
- in the case that you had to travel within Spain, indicate from where and approximate the kilometers to Madrid.
3 . – Submit your application by Friday, November 30, 2013, to any of the following e-mails indicating the profile in which you are most comfortable
- Macromolecules Structure, Carmen San Martín email@example.com
- Microbiology, Sylvia Ayora firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plants Molecular Biology, Andrea Chini email@example.com
- Signaling and Cell Biology, Inés Antón firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virology, Fernando Almazán email@example.com
- Development and Neurobiology, Marta Nieto firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oncology and Immunology, Lourdes Planelles email@example.com and Yolanda R. Carrasco firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biology of Systems, Juan Poyatos email@example.com and Francisco Iborra firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nanobiomedicine, Domingo F. Barber email@example.com
For further information, you can contact the Spanish Society of Immunology at gestionSEI@inmunologia.org
The Cancer Research Institute (CRI) is requesting letters of intent for its Clinic and Laboratory Integration Program (CLIP). CRI offers CLIP grants to qualified scientists who are working to explore clinically relevant questions aimed at improving the effectiveness of cancer immunotherapies. The grant will support basic, pre-clinical, and translational research, which will provide information that can be directly applied to optimizing cancer immunotherapy in the clinic.
- LOI Deadline: November 1, 2013
- Funding: Up to $100,000 per year for two years
Inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
In October 15-17, the Immunology Summit 2013 will be celebrated at the Hampton Inn Tropicana, Las Vegas, USA. The theme will be “Disseminating the New Trends in Immunology”. The Organizing Committee of Immunology Summit-2013 has worked closely with the OMICS Group Conference organizers to bring together researchers from the United States and countries world-wide to discuss in open forum significant recent research advances in Immunology.
To accomplish this goal, they developed 15 separate tracks for this meeting which cover the relevant topics in basic molecular and cellular immunology as well as clinical immunology. These include the broad areas of cytokine and inflammation research, autoimmunity and the major disease states, cancer, infection and immunodeficiency syndromes, as well as reproductive immunology, transplantation, and allergy.
Link: more info
- Charlas Malemud
- Professor of Medicine, Division of Rheumatic Diseases
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Cleveland, Ohio 44106 USA
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Clinical and Cellular Immunology
Resource: OMICS Group Conference
The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) is Europe’s largest public-private partnership aiming to improve the drug development process by supporting a more efficient discovery and development of better and safer medicines for patients.
The deadline for submissions of EoI is October 9, 2013: more details click here
For the search of partners, please check the following link: more info
The 5th International Congress BioNanoMed 2014 (Nanotechnology Enables Personalized Medicine) will be held on 26 – 28 March 2014 at the International Meeting Centre Krems/Austria.
In addition to prominent invited speakers a limited number of talks and poster presentations can be accepted. You are cordially invited to submit your short abstract!
- Novel Nanomedical Solutions – Advances in Nanomedicine
- Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications
- Nano-Oncology: Diagnostic, Drug Delivery and Therapy
- NanoPharmaceuticals & Production Technologies
- Nano-Bio-Sensing: New Sensing Approaches, Visions and Perspectives in Diagnosis & Therapy
- Nano- Imaging-Technologies in Medicine
- NanoSafety: Innovation-Enabler for Nanomedicine
- Nanotechnology for Artifical Organ Support (organized by ESAO – European Society of Artificial Organs)
Erwin Schrödinger Society Poster Awards 2014 are granted to the three best poster contributions (€ 300 for the first, € 200 for the second and € 100 for the third place) and Nanotoxicology Award by BioNanoNet Forschungs GmbH (€ 250,-).
EXHIBITION & SPONSORING
BioNanoMed 2014 serves as an excellent platform to present your company/institution, to promote your product portfolio and to establish direct links to a broad audience of experts. By becoming an exhibitor or sponsor you will make a great contribution to support the BioNanoMed 2014 congress.
Deadline for oral abstracts: 17 December 2013
Deadline for poster abstracts: : 9 March 2014
End of early registration: 31 January 2014
End of online registration: 821 March 2014
The Biomedical Research Institute of Vigo (IBIV), within the framework of the European project BIOCAPS (Capacities Biomedical Support Programme), organized the First Seminar on Bio-inspired Materials for Tissue Engineering, to be held next October 25, 2013 at the School of Industrial Engineering, Campus of the University of Vigo.
This seminar aims to deepen the strategies currently applied in the research of bio-inspired materials oriented Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine given the pressing need to provide solutions for the replacement, repair and regeneration of tissues and organs. These lines of research are looking primarily to promote the restoration of the functionality of a living tissue by the design of advanced biomaterials, bio-inspired nanostructures and fabrication of scaffolds organic or inorganic with specific morphologies and structures, to combine with cell’s own patient or animal model experimentation.
The initiative will feature the participation of experts of high relevance and aims to provide a broad perspective on the progress in this field, along with the search for meeting points, to provide solutions for the future of medicine and improve the quality of life.
Registration is free http://webs.uvigo.es/ibivigo/ibiv/biocaps-seminarios/mbit/form/inscripcion.php