Professor Ángel Rodríguez de Lera
(PhD, Organic Chemistry)
|+34 986 81 23 16|
|Organic Chemistry Web|
Scientific and technical expertise:
- Chemistry and Biology of Retinoids
- Stereocontrolled Synthesis of Carotenoids and Related Polyenes
- Design and Synthesis of Epigenetic Modulators Based on Natural Products
- Computational Analysis of Pericyclic and Other Concerted Reactions, Organometallic and Catalytic Processes
At the moment, our efforts is focused in:
- Design and Synthesis of Innovative Anti-cancer drugs.
- Development of new biosensors of nanoparticles for high sensitivity molecular recognition, with strong potential in diagnosis and practical detection of molecules.
- New drugs for culture epi-neuronal cells, with application in the treatment of CNS diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Organic synthesis oriented to a diversity of natural products with antitumor activity