Production of materials
- Synthesis and characterisation of nanometric materials, with a special focus on magnetic materials from transition metal oxides.
- Production of nanoparticles of iron oxides (Fe3O4, gamma-Fe2O3, alpha-Fe2O3, FeO) and other transition metal oxides with spinel structure (ferrites, MFe2O4, M: Mn, Co, Ni, Zn).
- Production of thin nanostructured layers using the spin-coating technique.
Characterisation and study of the properties of materials.
- Study of the magnetic response of materials (depending on the field applied, temperature, exchange bias, magnetic frustration, etc.).
- Study of the calorimetric response of materials (depending on the application of an alternating magnetic field of a given frequency, hyperthermia, controlled heat release).
- Raman spectroscopy studies, mainly of transition metal oxides.
Biological treatment of nanoparticles.
- Biofunctionalisation of nanoparticles with molecules of biological interest (DNA, RNA, enzymes and other proteins and amino acids, vitamins, citric acid, folic acid, viral structures, etc.).