Nanostructures to produce coatings:
- Disinfectant (e.g., bacteria or viruses related to covid-19).
- Self-cleaning (super hydrophobic surfaces).
- Photocatalytic, sunlight decontaminants.
- Solar shielding, either from visible or infrared radiation (e.g., applications in crystals)
Sensory nanostructures to:
- Detect pathogens.
- Detect nanoparticles in water (e.g., TiO2, Ag, in the sea).
- Detect contaminants in air and water.
Nanostructures to produce decontaminant surfaces, such as the elimination of molecules as dangerous as nervous gases (e.g., degrading 2-Chloroethyl ethyl sulphide, analogous to mustard gas).
Production of nanostructures to decontaminate water using sunlight.
Nanoreactors to facilitate smart drug release.
Heterogenous catalysts based on TiO2, Pd, Au, Pt, -Ag, Ni (magnetically recoverable systems, membrane incorporation) for different reactions, such as producing H2 using sunlight.