Job Title: PhD POSITION IN BIOTECHNOLOGY
Research area or group: Colloid Chemistry Group
Description of Group/Project: The Colloid Chemistry Group at CINBIO-Universidad de Vigo (Spain) is an interdisciplinary research group focused in the development of plasmonic nanoparticles and their applications for biosensing. The group is looking for a highly motivated Predoctoral Researcher to participate in the development of the project: Surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) bacterial biosensors for ultrasensitive multiplex detection (BACTOSERS). PID2019-109669RB-I00. The research will be carried out under the supervision of Dr Gustavo Bodelón González.
Key features of this Project: – Addresses the problem of poor sensitivity, low multiplexing capabilities and portability of current bacterial biosensors by means of SERS. – Interdisciplinary and highly innovative approach from synthetic biology, biotechnology and nanotechnology. – Explores the generation of programmable and multiplexed bacterial biosensors for potential implementation in microfabricated devices for point-of-care applications.
References: Bodelon et al., ACS Nano 11 (5), 4631 (2017); Bodelon et al., Nat Mater 15 (11), 1203 (2016); Pinero-Lambea, Bodelon et al., ACS Synth Biol 4 (4), 463 (2015).
Requirements of the candidates:
– Graduate/Master in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar.
– Proficient in spoken and written English. – Ability to work as a team and high motivation.
– Experience in molecular biology and microbiology will be highly valued.
Summary of conditions:
– Type of contract: contract for work or service
– Estimated duration: 6 months (renewable up to 3 years)
– Estimated start date of the contract: October 2020
– Salary: 1250 euros gross per month.
– Full-time work: (40 hours per week)
– Place of work: CINBIO – University of Vigo, Campus Lagoas-Marcosende (Spain).
How to apply:
All applications must be made via e-mail to: Dr Gustavo Bodelón González email@example.com (Subject line: BACTOSERS-PhD Position).
1. A motivation letter
2. Academic record
3. Full CV including contact details
4. 2 Reference letters
Application deadline: September 30th 2020.
UVigo/Colloid Chemistry Group is an equal opportunity employer.